The M8 Light Armoured Car, the “Greyhound”, entered combat service with the Allies in 1943. It was purpose designed to serve as the primary basic command and communication combat vehicle of the US Cavalry Reconnaissance Troops. The M8 first saw action in Italy in 1943 and was used by the US Army both in Europe and in the Far East. In the latter theatre, it was used mostly on Okinawa and the Philippines, and was occasionally employed in tank destroyer role as most of the Japanese armour was vulnerable to its 37 mm gun. Between March 1943 and June 1945, a total of 8,523 units were built.
- 1/56 (28mm) scale 2 sprue plastic kit
- Option to build either a M8 or M20 Armoured Car
- Two MG arrangements for the M8 – rear or ring mount
- Open or close front driver hatch
- Choice of external utility toolbox or landmine rack
- Simplified yet detailed chassis interior
1/56th scale plastic model for 28mm wargaming.
assembly and painting required.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
nice kit and can make a nice vehicle in either version.