Raupenschlepper Ost (Caterpillar Tractor East) was a fully tracked, lightweight vehicle used by the Wehrmacht in World War II.
After the Wehrmacht’s first fall and winter (1941–1942) on the Eastern Front, they found that the extremely primitive roadways in the USSR and seasonal mud required a fully tracked supply vehicle to maintain mobility. Steyr responded by proposing a small, fully tracked vehicle based upon its 1.5-tonne truck (Steyr 1500A light truck) already in use in the army. The vehicle was introduced in 1942 as the Raupenschlepper Ost (more commonly abbreviated to RSO).
- Option to build either a RSO/01 or RSO/03
- One-piece slide-mould cab for ease-of-assembly
- Open or closed rear trunk side panels & tailgate
- Optional rear canvas racks & tarpaulin top
- Optional snow/bog track extension pad
- Full detail track links
- Driver included