The Jagdpanzer 38(t) (SdKfz 138/2), later known as Hetzer (“baiter”), was a WW2 German light tank destroyer based on a modified Czechoslovakian Panzer 38(t) chassis.
The Jagdpanzer 38(t) was intended to be more cost-effective than the much more ambitious Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger designs of the same period. Using a proven chassis, it avoided the mechanical problems of the larger armoured vehicles.
The Flammpanzer 38(t) was a Jagdpanzer 38(t) modified with a Keobe flamethrower in place of the main gun. It was deployed on the Western Front, with first use during the Battle of the Bulge. Less than 50 units were produced.
- 1/56 (28mm) scale 3 sprue plastic kit
- Option to build either an Early, Mid or Late Hetzer tank destroyer
- Option to build kit as a Flammpanzer 38 as well
- Choice of three gun mantlets and two road wheel sets
- Multiple rear idler wheel choices
1/56th scale plastic model for 28mm wargaming.
assembly and painting required.