The M39 series 5-ton 6×6 truck (G744) was a family of heavy tactical trucks built for the United States Armed Forces. The basic cargo version was designed to transport a 5-ton (4,500 kg), 14 ft (4.3 m) long load over all terrain in all weather. In on-road service the load weight was doubled.
The M39 series was the primary heavy truck of the US Army and US Marine forces during the Vietnam War, and was also used by the US Navy, US Air Force, and ARVN forces.
The M39 Series began to be replaced by the M809 series in 1970, followed by the M939 series in 1982, but continues to serve in other nations’ armed forces around the world.
- Cabin with canvas roof or hard top option
- Optional M2HB HMG with ring mount
- Seat bench can be in deployed or folded position
- Rear tailgate can be in open or closed position
- Optional tarpaulin top included
- Driver in US Army or USMC uniform included