The Panzer IV Ausf D & E
As the German invasion of Poland in Sept 1939 came to an end, it was decided to scale up production of the Panzer IV which was adopted for general use on Sept 27 1939. Panzer IV production changed to the Ausf D. This variant, of which 248 vehicles were produced, reintroduced the hull machine gun and changed the turret’s internal gun mantlet to a 35mm thick external mantlet. Again, protection was upgraded, this time by increasing side armor to 20mm.
- Option to build an Ausf D or E variant
- All hatches can be open or closed
- Extra stowage options included
- Two tank crew figures included
1/56th scale plastic model for 28mm wargaming.
assembly and painting required.