The StuG III was designed to fill an infantry close support combat role, early models were fitted with a low-velocity 75 mm StuK 37 L/24 gun to destroy soft-skin targets and fortifications. After the Germans encountered the Soviet KV-1 and T-34 tanks, the StuG III was first equipped with a high-velocity 75 mm StuK 40 L/43 main gun (Spring 1942) and in Autumn 1942 with the slightly longer 75 mm StuK 40 L/48 gun. These versions were known as the Sturmgeschütz 40 Ausführung F, Ausf. F/8 and Ausf. G.
- Choice of Early / Mid / Late production
- Option to assemble vehicle as a StuH 42 with 105mm Howitzer
- Choice of original trapezoid-shape mantlet or the Topfblende pot mantlet (often called Saukopf “Pig’s head”) gun mantlet with or without coaxial mount
- Detachable Schürzen (side armour)
- Optional rear stowage rack
- Optional spare road wheels
- Optional periscope
1/56th scale plastic model for 28mm wargaming.
assembly and painting required.