When the Germans ran into the spring thaw on the Eastern Front they desperately needed more mobile vehicles to provide men and materiel to forward units. One solution was to take reliable wheeled vehicles and modify them to use a tracked drive system.
The SdKfz 3 Maultier (“Mule”) is the name given to series of half-track trucks used by Germans during WW2. They were based on Opel, Mercedes-Benz, Alfa-Romeo or Ford trucks. One of the best known of these conversions was the SdKfz 3a Maultier based on the 3-ton variant of the Opel Blitz cargo truck.
- One piece engine & truck cab for ease-of-assembly
- 2 rear trunk options – early or mid-to-late war
- 2 headlights options – standard or small blackout lights
- Detachable canvas top with rear open or close tarpaulin
- Optional searchlight, spare tyre, benches & fuel cans
- Driver & passenger included
1/56th scale plastic model for 28mm wargaming.
assembly and painting required.