The M4A2 Sherman used a welded hull nearly identical to the M4, but with a pair of vented armoured grates on the rear hull deck. The M4A2 tanks used the GM6046 twin diesel. This version was produced with all the improvements the other M4 variants got, like the large hatch hull. The M4A2 would see very limited combat in US hands, most being the British, with some 75 tanks going to the Russians and USMC. This was the preferred version for Soviet Lend-Lease deliveries, since the USSR was using all diesel tanks. It was produced in six factories with 10,968 of all turret types produced from April 42 to July 45.
- Choice to build either a standard M4A2 or a British Sherman Mk III
- Includes both low & high bustle 75mm turret
- Includes multiple choice of gun mantlets
- Includes both normal & “duckbill” extended end-connectors for tracks
- Open or closed hatches for hull and turret
- Tank crew figures included
1/56th scale plastic model for 28mm wargaming.
assembly and painting required.